Aviator - Venue of the Month
22 February 2017
Aviator was created by TAG Group as a hotel for elite travellers moving between London and the world's leading destinations.
Located near London in Farnborough, north Hampshire, Aviator opened in 2008 as one of the most striking design hotels in recent times. The architecture, by Robin Partington of Hamilton’s, ensured it quickly became one of the landmarks in the area; low, slinky and graceful, the shape complements the profiles of the private jets that frequent the neighbouring private airport. The interiors were designed by Amanda Rosa, European Interior Designer of the Year; creating an innately stylish environment binding the timeless glamour of aviation with seductive interiors and ultimate comfort.
Here are a few fun facts about Aviator that you may not know…
- Aviator was created by TAG Group in 2008 as the only luxury hotel located on the perimeter of a private airport
- Aviator is an outstanding architectural statement and one that reflects its historic aeronautical location.
- Aviator opened in line with the 2008 Farnborough International Airshow and has been fully booked in the run up to each Airshow ever since!
- Aviator provides a versatile selection of imposing and stylish event spaces, guaranteed to leave a lasting impression
- Similarities have been made between Aviator’s iconic central Rotunda and the Guggenheim Museum in New York
- Aviator Weddings can cater for celebrations from 10 to 200 guests and the hotel is licensed to hold marriage ceremonies for up to 90 guests.
- Architected as the premier space at Aviator and used exclusively for elaborate events and celebrations, the 200 sqm Sky Lounge and 4th floor atrium combined are Aviator's largest and most versatile event space. Overlooking spectacular views of the private TAG Farnborough Airport, the 4th floor is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
- Inspired by seasonal, locally-produced foods and complemented by select boutique wines from around the world, the award winning Brasserie creates an intimate style dining experience and is available for exclusive use throughout the year.
- The summer months provide the perfect opportunity to enjoy The Terrace. One of the most breathtaking settings for outdoor dining in Hampshire and Surrey. When the weather is warm, the Terrace is the ideal spot to enjoy a range of light, Mediterranean-inspired dishes.
For more information please visit www.aviatorbytag.com